Showing questions for topic:
Showing questions tagged:

How do I change the app to view jpg images?

I set the app to open .jpg images as mspaint.exe and now every time I try to open a jpg I get an error message from mspaint saying "unable to create new document". In the… (read more)

I set the app to open .jpg images as mspaint.exe and now every time I try to open a jpg I get an error message from mspaint saying "unable to create new document".

In the settings there's a list of attachments with options, but I can't find one for jpg images. How can I change the setting?

Open

Cannot save photos sent from iPhone as jpg on our hard drive. Have done this for ten years until yesterday.

As a twelve or more years user of Thunderbird, I find it to be okay most of the time. I hate the spam folder that does not learn and I hate threads. Today all of a sudden… (read more)

As a twelve or more years user of Thunderbird, I find it to be okay most of the time. I hate the spam folder that does not learn and I hate threads.

Today all of a sudden, I cannot save photos sent from my iPhone as jpg. I have always right clicked and a menu has appeared. Today, the right click just zooms in which I never want to do when I am trying to save.

I tried searchig online first before coming here. Apple is claiming that Thunderbird developers made a mistake and that is why the right click is not working. AI had me try a bunch of different techniques none of which worked.

When I do save after much effort, the "photo" in my Animals folder appears as the Thunderbird logo instead of the real item itself. The other weird thing is that my folders also do NOT show up where they should when I am trying to save. The menu doesn't give me all the folders as it always has. Instead it just say All Files which is not adequate.

Open 13 1

free large video and large file sender to send large files videos in Thunderbird

how much space can i add to Thunderbird if i want to send a video or file without adding a n app r to do it. Where it says add files how much can iput thee can i g… (read more)

how much space can i add to Thunderbird if i want to send a video or file without adding a n app r to do it. Where it says add files how much can iput thee can i go like 500 or more

Open 3

Cannot Save an Embedded Image in 156

In 156, I can no longer click on an embedded image to save the file. It just enlarges the image. I know this has happened and been reported in the past. Are others see… (read more)

In 156, I can no longer click on an embedded image to save the file. It just enlarges the image. I know this has happened and been reported in the past. Are others seeing this same problem now in 156? Thanks!

Open 1

Option to right click a photo and get a save-as option has disappeared recently

Windows 11 home, Thunderbird 156.0 (64 bit) Recently I noted a changed behavior - emails with photo(s) in them used to have the option to right click on the photo and the… (read more)

Windows 11 home, Thunderbird 156.0 (64 bit)

Recently I noted a changed behavior - emails with photo(s) in them used to have the option to right click on the photo and then an option to save-as was offered. The only thing that happens now with a right click is the photo is enlarged or shrunk - no other options.

I wondered if this was an iphone initiated email only problem but it also occurs when I send a jpg photo from my desktop from one email address to another.

I have tried a number of suggestions from the internet without success and my frustration is mounting.

Thank You Norman

Open

Inline PNG in HTML - Unable to Save Image

Hello, I recently received an email with a PNG attachment. The image rendered inline within the email, but when I moused over the image, my cursor switched to a zoom cur… (read more)

Hello,

I recently received an email with a PNG attachment. The image rendered inline within the email, but when I moused over the image, my cursor switched to a zoom cursor and I was unable to right-click and get a context menu to save the image (right clicking simply zoomed/un-zoomed the image).

Changing the 'Display Attachments Inline' in the view menu did not appear to change anything (it still rendered inline), and to save the PNG I had to switch the rendering to plain text, and then grab the attachment from there.

Have other people seen this behavior?

Open 1 2 20