Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved Архивирани

Every time I open a new tab, it goes to the home page, how can i get it to open the "new tab" page instead?

Kazibel

whenever i opened a new tab, it used to open directly to the "new tab" page, the one with the thumbnails of your popular sites and such. but recently, instead of showing this, new tabs have been directly opening to the firefox home page instead. could someone help me get it back to opening to the new tab page, rather than the home page? Thank you!

whenever i opened a new tab, it used to open directly to the "new tab" page, the one with the thumbnails of your popular sites and such. but recently, instead of showing this, new tabs have been directly opening to the firefox home page instead. could someone help me get it back to opening to the new tab page, rather than the home page? Thank you!

Всички отговори (4)

Избрано решение

Hi Kazibel

go to about:config find browser.newtab.url , right-click on it and select reset.


thank you

See also this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):

I have this problem too. I tried this solution but when I right clicked on browser.newtab.url, the reset option isn't highlighted and I am unable to click on it. The favorites icons only appear on the new tab for about a second before they disappear and my homepage opens. What else can I try?

Променено на от vmmcconnell

vmmcconnell: Well, after trying and not being able to highlight or reset browser.newtab.url, I did the easiest solution possible: I went to the Firefox tab on the top left, went to Help>Troubleshooting Information, and then clicked to Reset Firefox to default.

Don't worry, it saved all my bookmarks and passwords and the like, but it went back to the new tab page with the favorites that it was supposed to go to.

Hope it helps.

Променено на от dalmatiangirl