Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Open

Despite re-installing Firefox sidebar is still missing (I spent 3 full days trying to fix it before re-installing)

rogerroger

Despite re-installing Firefox sidebar is still missing (I spent 3 full days trying to fix it before re-installing). I also can't obtain another tab - I'm restricted just to the one page I'm currently using

Despite re-installing Firefox sidebar is still missing (I spent 3 full days trying to fix it before re-installing). I also can't obtain another tab - I'm restricted just to the one page I'm currently using

Всички отговори (12)

rogerroger, what happens if you try the hotkeys:

  • ctrl+T to open a new tab
  • ctrl+alt+Z to open the sidebar
  • ctrl+B to open the bookmarks sidebar
  • ctrl+H to open the history sidebar

Also, have you tried Troubleshoot Mode (found under the top Help menu?)

Can you restart into Troubleshoot Mode (from Help menu) and see if Ctrl + T … Ctrl + H … or Ctrl + B shortcuts open the relevant functionality?

ctrl+T opens a new tab. Thank you - however, I don't get a X to close the new tab! ctrl+alt+Z has no effect. I have no problem opening the bookmarks or history sidebars. the Troubleshoot Mode doesn't help - I'm not presented with a General option

Many thank for your response

What exactly is the "General" you're looking for? And which other sidebar you're looking for (or to have open permanently I suppose?)

Could you attach a screenshot of the state with missing items, to help understand the issue? Thanks.

If you're suspecting there's buttons missing, see Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars with its troubleshooting section at the bottom showing steps how to reset toolbars to factory state, if that's something that could help you.

> I don't know how to attach a screenshot (you'll to excuse my lack of Knowledge at 82!). I tried opening Customise but there's no entry (amongst the 20 or so options) for Sidebar

I tried the "Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars" but all I get is two panels "Horizontal Tabs" and "Vertical Tabs" but nothing happens when I click on Vertical Tabs - nothing below that responds to anything/

When I go to Settings I don't get a "General" which the links suggests I go to

The guide for adding screenshots is here: How do I create a screenshot of my problem?

Please try to document each of the steps above you're mentioning — it sounds like you're following "some" guide that's however outdated or not relevant for your version — please also share which one, and what is the goal you're actually trying to achieve. It's not apparent from the steps above.

This is a video how the same version as yours looks out of the box: streamable.com/yyqzj4 — for comparison. You shouldn't see anything behave much differently.

Yes it is similar. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have a sidebar?

For screenshots, Paint won't open in my Windows 10

This is the sidebar: (are you looking for something else perhaps?)

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.