Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved

Notification requests

Hans Peter

Notification requests I would like Thunderbird to 1) notify me that I have received new email(s) even before I have opened Thunderbird. Partly by changing the icon on the taskbar and partly by playing a sound. And 2) also retrieve the emails that are there automatically when I open Thunderbird. Is that possible? How do I do that? K.r. /hans peter

Notification requests I would like Thunderbird to 1) notify me that I have received new email(s) even before I have opened Thunderbird. Partly by changing the icon on the taskbar and partly by playing a sound. And 2) also retrieve the emails that are there automatically when I open Thunderbird. Is that possible? How do I do that? K.r. /hans peter
Прочетете този отговор в контекста

Избрано решение

When I made the same comment to another user, he reminded me that some features are not there in the free version, so you may need to check the differences. On the second question, check the 'server settings' for the account; there is a setting to check on startup.

Всички отговори (5)

I suggest a third-party tool, such as Mailwasher. It's free for one account. I use it daily and it also removes automatically unwaned spam. That's not an official Mozilla recommendation, just my personal experience.

Thank you, David! That was funny. I had just decided that after several years of subscribing to MW I would not renew my subscription. I never thought there could be a free MW. Thanks for the tip. What about the second part of the question, namely getting TB to fetch emails itself when you open TB without having to tap the cloud? K.r. /hans peter

Избрано решение

When I made the same comment to another user, he reminded me that some features are not there in the free version, so you may need to check the differences. On the second question, check the 'server settings' for the account; there is a setting to check on startup.

Thanks, David, I'm completely happy with your solution. I've also found the location in the server settings. Thank you very much. 💐 /hans peter

It was my pleasure to assist. You're most welcome. :)

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.