Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Open

How do I block specific websites?

ShellG

I want to block some specific websites from force-opening from a game app I use. The app uses ads to make its money. I accept that ads exposure within the app is the price I pay for playing the game , but object to the ads force-opening windows separately in my browser. Can I block them?

I want to block some specific websites from force-opening from a game app I use. The app uses ads to make its money. I accept that ads exposure within the app is the price I pay for playing the game , but object to the ads force-opening windows separately in my browser. Can I block them?

Всички отговори (1)

I wish there was a viable workaround, but the simple answer is "no" unfortunately.

What's triggering the browser invocation is a system-level intent, and basically any app is allowed to open web browsers using the default protocols from anywhere, similarly to being able to e.g. trigger a phone call request, open the app store, or invoke a calendar.

Your default browser gets launched to the foreground by the operating system, and only after waking up it's passed the target links etc. — so even if there was some extra filtering on the browser side, it would always end up opening anyway, as it's just being invoked by the iOS at that point without knowing anything about the kind of content or the opener game :(

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.