Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Архивирани

NY Times crossword is blank...???

MMcI

I go to the NY Times website, click on "crossword" and all I then get is a white, blank square. Normally a crossword grid, "The Crossword," the date, and the authors appear, which I click on to access the puzzle. Clicking on the blank square does nothing. Thanks.

I go to the NY Times website, click on "crossword" and all I then get is a white, blank square. Normally a crossword grid, "The Crossword," the date, and the authors appear, which I click on to access the puzzle. Clicking on the blank square does nothing. Thanks.

Всички отговори (6)

Променено на от alan_r

Thanks, but that's not the info I need. I have a subscription and have had no problem for over a year. This just started last week. Also, if I use Safari, I don't have this problem. So, I figure it has something to do with Firefox.

Thanks, again, but I read all of that information when I first subscribed. None of it applies to the issue.

I'm going to try emailing the Times.

You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:

You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.

  • Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
  • Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
  • Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)

Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

  • Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

  • Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.

  • Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
  • Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window

The Times got back to me. I had to go to the adblocker and disable it for the NY Times page. That fixed it.

Thanks.