Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Since the latest update, Firefox does not connect to BBC Sounds: why?

helen-y-john

On my Windows 10 PC, Firefox has started bringing up the message "The page isn’t redirecting properly" when I click on BBC Sounds. It connects to every other part of the BBC website (bbc.co.uk) but not to Sounds. I've tried emptying cookies and the cache, but it makes no difference. MS Edge is opening Sounds OK, but I prefer to use Firefox. Please can you tell me what else I can do to get over this problem?

On my Windows 10 PC, Firefox has started bringing up the message "The page isn’t redirecting properly" when I click on BBC Sounds. It connects to every other part of the BBC website (bbc.co.uk) but not to Sounds. I've tried emptying cookies and the cache, but it makes no difference. MS Edge is opening Sounds OK, but I prefer to use Firefox. Please can you tell me what else I can do to get over this problem?
Attached screenshots

All Replies (1)

Since clearing cookies/cache didn’t help and BBC Sounds works in Edge, I’d try Firefox Troubleshoot Mode next. There’s actually a previous Mozilla Support report with the same BBC Sounds redirect error, so it’s worth checking whether an extension or setting is involved.

If it works there, disable extensions one at a time to find the culprit.

Sual ver

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.