In firefox - but not IE-and on 1 machine only-the gmail,com icons do not appear as images but as pictures of squiggly lines.
As of a week ago, when I use gmail in Firefox on one machine, the icons for trashcan, refresh, settings, etc do not appear normal but appear as squiggly lines (I have a jpg if you want to see what I mean, but they almost look like something you would use on an android device or something.)
In IE they look normal, and from the same account on other machines I have, they look fine. Rebooting does not help and I have made no changes to the machine recently. This is the only program that seems affected.
I know this machine has an old version of FF on it, but it worked well until a week ago. i do not really want to upgrade it. I really like this version.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Retrogamer Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 SearchToolbar/1.2
You can check for problems caused by a possibly corrupted user agent.
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 SearchToolbar/1.2
You can't attach a screenshot to the first post that starts a thread, but you can do that in subsequent replies.
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.
- View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"