This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Any idea on how to remore a yahoo drop menu from Firefox?
I just added the Yahoo Toolbar to FireFox. When I did this, it automatically added a Yahoo drop menu to go with the Firefox ones. I have no need for it and want it gone. I'm trying to contact Yahoo, but no luck so far. The suggestions they have in their support Q & A don't help.
All Replies (3)
See you addons. Type about:addons in your url bar
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Unfortunately this doesn't work because it's not listed as an extension. Still trying to reach Yahoo, but they don't make it easy. I like the options of the toolbar, but this drop-down menu bugs me. I just might have to find a replacement.
Do you still see that menu item if you start Firefox in Safe mode?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.