Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
المُؤرشفة

hen performing a google search it will present me with various available choices, as it should. Then when I make a choice I end up some where else, unless I press the cached option. The problem is only present in Firefox.

virusvictim
If I request information on italian cooking one of the choices points me to www.foodnetwork.com/italian-cooking-basics/package/index.html. If I choose it I will en up at :http://colleges.campuscorner.com/index.jsp?premiumlogic=y&lcTheme=CC&badge=v5&CCID=20168228203472632&QTR=ZZf200810141300020Za20168228Zg172Zw6Zm0Zc203472632Zs3086ZZ&CLK=713110902175638974&ac=003&ai=CD58098670624FB3267369E38994EDCA6E0707DC&program=Culinary%20Arts&AreaOfInterest=Culinary%20Arts&ProgramsOfInterestType=Culinary%20Arts&Theme=Time-Prgm-New&feed=70505-7083_874356E3&referrer=boatresearch.com/search?q=italian+cooking&keyword=cook%20schools&campaign=Culinary-prgm&&WT.srch=1 , not the place I wanted to go. If I choose cached I will end up at the right place.

All Replies (1)

I had this problem myself.

I currently have Windows 7 starter on my laptop and when ever I used any browser (IE, MOZILLA, CHROME, OPERA) my google search results where hijacked and first redirected to boatresearch.com and then secondly redirected to another site. The second redirect was always to a different site.

I have currently fixed this problem using combofix.exe which can be found here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

scroll down about 1/5th of the page and look for the section that says

Using ComboFix

and under the first paragraph you will see the download links.

NOTE: ONLY DOWNLOAD COMBOFIX.EXE FROM BLEEPINGCOMPUTER.COM AS DIRECTED BY COMBOFIX.ORG

also read the instructions before using it. you must close all programs and web browsers before launching it. once it is done extracting you will think that nothing happened but give it a minute as it runs out of the command prompt, it will first create a restore point and then it will start the 50 scan stages. don't be scared if the desktop disappears from time to time, this is normal. It may also make some minor changes to your internet settings such as changing your default browser to IE. When combofix is running try to leave the computer alone as it can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on how badly infected the machine is. Once complete combofix will remove any files and folders it found to be infected and it will create a log for you. when combofix is done it will close automatically and the log will open up. check out the log and then restart your computer and you should be set to go.

I hope I was able to help.

Modified by benny_blanco