This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
unable to launch the browser
i hv downloaded mozilla firebox for my desktop.but when i am trying to open the browser.when i click at the shortcut it is just showing the busy icon than nothing is happening.i have downloaded mozilla firebox for my desktop 3 times.but still i am mot able to use it.
All Replies (2)
First of all, make sure there is no software installed in your computer that is impeding Firefox from starting as normal. Some Firewall setting or something like that. If that's not the case, follow these instructions:
- Go into your Windows Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs, and make sure Mozilla Firefox is on the list. If it isn't, jump to number 6, if it is, proceed to number 2.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the task manager, and, under the "Processes" tab, make sure "firefox.exe" is not listed. If it is, terminate that process.
- Try to start Firefox using the shortcut. If it still doesn't start after, say, 30 seconds (sometimes it takes a bit, specially on slow computers), redo number 2 and proceed to number 4.
- Try to run Firefox in safe mode. If that works, you probably have some problem with Add-ons. Disable them all and enable one at a time to find the culprit. If that still doesn't work, proceed to number 5.
- Uninstall Firefox (using the "Add and Remove Programs" in your Windows Control Panel).
- Download the latest version of Firefox (yes, again) from getfirefox.com and install it.
- Now try again. If it doesn't work, try safe mode. If that doesn't work either, read this to create a new Firefox profile and see if THAT works.
O.S. Vista Home Premium, Firefox ver. 3.6.10. I have already tried your suggestions, no luck, I have also tried running the helper.exe file from within the Mozilla Firefox programme file, no luck.
After the first failure to launch, this came up Script: chrome://browser/content/browser. js:9389. I was unable to shut down normally so I powered off and rebooted the system in safe mode with networking, Firefox worked.
I rebooted the system as normal, updated and ran;Windows Update, Ccleaner, Glary Utilities, AVG, Spyware Blaster, Malwarebytes and Apyware Terminator.
Firefox didn't work, it was shown as a running process in Task Manager, selecting Firefox and End Process didn't work, I was unable to shut down the system normally.
Powered off in to safe mode with networking, Firefox didn't work, unable to uninstall it, Chrome works okay. This is heading for a complete system reinstall, oh well, it's been a while.
I am rather busy at the moment, I will try and track down the Java Script error, if I find a positive result I will post it here.