Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Load more than one Tbird Profile?

RB2124

I've read that I can create several Thunderbird profiles and load my desired Profile to startup and use the Profile Manager to switch profiles. I'm guessing that I can only load one profile into Thunderbird at a time (?).

And if I wanted to check emails from another profile I'd have to close or switch or somehow unload the current profile(?).

It would seem to me if it were possible to load more than one profile at a time, then if two profiles had the exact same mailbox account, it would cause problems(?).

Appreciate any input from those with experience in this.

I've read that I can create several Thunderbird profiles and load my desired Profile to startup and use the Profile Manager to switch profiles. I'm guessing that I can only load one profile into Thunderbird at a time (?). And if I wanted to check emails from another profile I'd have to close or switch or somehow unload the current profile(?). It would seem to me if it were possible to load more than one profile at a time, then if two profiles had the exact same mailbox account, it would cause problems(?). Appreciate any input from those with experience in this.

All Replies (1)

An easy way to switch is to click help>troubleshootinginformation, click 'profiles' and then click 'about:profiles.' That opens a page listing the profiles and you can launch a different one there.

On your question, yes there could be problems, primarily if you have a POP account on multiple profiles, as each time you switch profiles, thunderbird will download mail into the inbox on that profile, yet there will also be an onbox on another profile, causing your messages to be in two places. My suggestion for multiple profiles is to keep each profile unique (although IMAP accounts would not be a problem).

To clarify, you cannot load more than one profile at a time.

اطرح سؤالا

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.