Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved المُؤرشفة

Remove default language

Sturm Ente

Thunderbird got installed in german but I want it to be in english. Can I somehow remove German completely from Thunderbird because the languages are mixed everywhere

Thunderbird got installed in german but I want it to be in english. Can I somehow remove German completely from Thunderbird because the languages are mixed everywhere
Attached screenshots
Read this answer in context

الحل المُختار

Try this: start in safe/troubleshoot mode (hold Shift when launching TB), check 'Reset toolbars and controls', 'Make changes & restart'. If there is still some German, see if it remains with a new profile, created from Help/More Troubleshooting, about:profiles.

All Replies (3)

Language packs were a problem in versions of TB 91 before the current 91.4. It looks like you installed the EN-US pack in the pure German version. I would remove the EN-US pack, uninstall German TB, and install the EN-US version. Your data in the separate profile folder is not affected.

I installed the English version of Thunderbird but there is still some text in German although German isn't even in the languages list anymore

الحل المُختار

Try this: start in safe/troubleshoot mode (hold Shift when launching TB), check 'Reset toolbars and controls', 'Make changes & restart'. If there is still some German, see if it remains with a new profile, created from Help/More Troubleshooting, about:profiles.