ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

XML file does not display if it is a local file and the XSLT file is on a server.

  • 2 (ردّان اثنان)
  • 4 have this problem
  • 3736 views
  • آخر ردّ كتبه BDBaer

more options

If I have an local XML file with a local XSLT file the XML file displays as expected. If both files are on my server again the XML file displays correctly. However if the XML file is local and the XSLT file is on the server (and the XML file points to to the file on the server) I get the following error:

Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)

Using Firefox 41.0.1 on a Mac.

This problem does not occur on Safari

Any idea of where I'm going wrong? Searching on the web there are suggestions about changing the mime, but am not 100% sure what to do about that. In

Thanks,

Brian

الحل المُختار

Guigs. Thanks for the information.

After doing a little digging I found this page:

 http://enable-cors.org/server_apache.html

Following this advice I added an .htaccess file to the directory on the server containing my .xslt file that contains the line:

   Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

And that seems to have fixed my problem for Firefox!

Did not seem to fix the problem on Internet Explorer, but suspect that is a problem for another day (and perhaps a different forum).

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (2)

more options

You are running into the historical Same Single Origin rule in the Firefox browser. For your situation specifically these materials may help better explain:

more options

الحل المُختار

Guigs. Thanks for the information.

After doing a little digging I found this page:

 http://enable-cors.org/server_apache.html

Following this advice I added an .htaccess file to the directory on the server containing my .xslt file that contains the line:

   Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

And that seems to have fixed my problem for Firefox!

Did not seem to fix the problem on Internet Explorer, but suspect that is a problem for another day (and perhaps a different forum).