Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
How to bring up Remember Password pop-up for sites if it doesn't show?
I have auto loading of UID and PW for my Google Gmail, but do not get the "Remember PW" pop-up window when I click on the blue Google Calendar icon. The Google account is the same with same UID and PW. How do I set-up auto loading for G-Calendar? Very annoying to have to fill in UID and PW every time I click on G-Calendar. In general, how do I enter UID and PW in the auto-loading Security list for sites where the Pop-up window doesn't come up?
All Replies (1)
Details like websites remembering you (log you in automatically) are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Never remember history).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"