Firefox 15.0 crashes immediately when writing in the adressline
After update to version 15.0 Firefox crashes each time I go to the address line..
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
The only message is that Wndows closes Firefox
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
No the problem is the same. It seem that all writing with keyboard call s the crash and windows reports that program will be closed and windows will look for solving the problem, but no messages are given. I must now use google chrome for this conversation.
If Firefox lets you send a crash report, please give us your crash report IDs.
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
No it is impossible, because the crash happens immediately when I enter and try write to the address line. Firefox changes site only thorough bookmarks.
Sorry then. Here you can see how to recover crash IDs without going to about:crashes.
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
These are the last files in submit folder, but they are from 17.th may
03/22/11 08:40:14] Crash report submission failed: Toiminto suoritettiin. [07/16/11 11:21:28] Crash report submitted successfully [07/19/11 16:48:08] Crash report submitted successfully [05/17/12 09:44:58] Crash report submitted successfully
1337237061 1346390480 1343546606 1340173244
It must be then a system problem, because Firefox normally records all crashes.
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in Safe Mode." To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
No Firefox dos´nt work in the safemode any better. Seems to be hopeless. This problem came with uppdate 15,0. Can I get the former version back, othervise I have to change browser.
Not at all, you can't go to a previous Firefox release except 3.6. But you can try Firefox Portable. Firefox Portable is a independent Firefox build that forgets every setting and add-ins, leaving your browser as if it was installed again. It doesn't require setup, because it has been designed to store all setings on files. Just choose where to save it and open FirefoxPortable.exe.
You can download Firefox Portable from Portable Apps.
I have now changed to version 10.2. It works ok but add-in Norton Toolbat is not usable.
It is common that some extensions don't like downgrades or don't work under some old Firefox versions. Maybe reinstalling Norton Toolbar solves the problem. Or maybe Norton toolbar was the source of the issue. Try to uninstall Norton Toolbar and upgrade Firefox to the latest version if you want, but if you're OK for now, better don't think anymore about it.
We're glad you've solved your issue. Next time you have a problem with Firefox, we recommend you to perform these steps so the problem may be fixed without any need to wait for help:
- Always make sure your Firefox browser is updated and virus-free.
- Many programs install annoying toolbars that reduce Firefox performance. When installing a program, make sure you always choose Custom installation and read everything you see on the installers so no adware is installed on your computer.
- Clearing the cache, deleting cookies, starting Firefox in Safe Mode and resetting Firefox often solve most common issues without no need of further help.
- Rebooting your computer may solve many types of crashes. Do not ask for support without restarting your computer.
- Do not hesitate to ask us for a problem we thought it was solved. Sometimes problems may reappear after a while.
Thanks for contacting us, we expect you don't have any other problem in the future with Firefox.