A white block appears in the top left corner of my screen - how do I get rid of it without restarting Firefox every time?
This seems to happen after I've used Firefox for a long time, or I've had several tabs open. The block covers all windows, whatever application I choose, and can't be dragged. I have to close Firefox and reopen it to remove it.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Do a history clean. Most of the problems happen in firefox due to lot of history data. if you upload a image or link to image of the issue it will be usefull to find what is the actual problem.
See if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration