How to install latest firefox on RHEL 4.0 platform with firefox-6.0.2.tar.bz2?
I want t o install latest firefox on my system with firefox-6.0.2.tar.bz2 but not able to do so
This might be unconventional but it looks like I got it working. Lol.
I'm running CentOS 6 by the way.
Ok, just do the following:
- After downloading firefox-6.0.2.tar.bz2, extract the 'firefox' folder by dragging it to your Home folder. (Reason: Make it easy.)
- Ok, open your Home folder (Places > Home Folder).
- Open a Terminal on that location.
- In terminal, enter "su root" (without quotations) and enter your root password.
- Now, type the following: mv firefox /usr/lib
- Next, go to Places > Computer then Filesystem.
- Navigate to /usr/lib folder and locate your firefox folder.
- Drag the firefox file, not firefox-bin, to the top and create an Applications panel. Name it Firefox 6 or whatever you like.
- Done. Enjoy Firefox 6.