Firefox 'freaks out' by going back several pages or zooming in or out when filling in a text form on a website
I have another kind of problem with Firefox
At different websites, when I try to type a message into a text form box (Example: Fark.com comments section) the firefox browser will somehow move back 5-6-7 pages as if I had hit the back button by typing in the form. It happens on different websites. Sometimes instead of going back it zooms in or out tremendously. It happens one or two times per form and then just stops and lets me type in the text. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen at least a two times a day. What gives?!
A few times a week
At least half a year ago
Troubleshooting information Extensions: Adblock Plus, Stylish, Corel IE tab..nothing major or related.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100513 Firefox/3.6.4
- -Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Version 1.0.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
You can set all the mousewheel.with*.action prefs to 0 to perform a scroll. mousewheel.withnokey.action mousewheel.withaltkey.action mousewheel.withmetakey.action mousewheel.withshiftkey.action
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the Enter key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website. If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.