Firefox Browser version 88.0.1 - Will no longer save open tabs when I close the browser.
Firefox was acting normally keeping my open tabs when I open the browser this morning. I don't know what happened. I left the computer for a couple hours this afternoon. I opened Windows and found a "new desktop" which I didn't want. I clicked on it and it took me back to my normal desktop. I had left Firefox minimized. Maybe this is what has removed my settings in Firefox. Now when I open Firefox, my saved tabs are gone. I've tried twice putting them back in. I check Options to make sure that restore session is checked. Each time I close, I get a single tab and have to re-open all of my favorite pages all over again. My Windows 10 version is 20H2.
What can I do in options that will allow my open tabs to stay saved?
Hi Mitzee, what are you doing in this step:
Now when I open Firefox, my saved tabs are gone. I've tried twice putting them back in.
Are you pinning tabs, or adding them as home pages, or just leaving regular tabs open?
I check Options to make sure that restore session is checked. Each time I close, I get a single tab and have to re-open all of my favorite pages all over again.
Can you tell whether Firefox is shutting down completely and doesn't have any other windows running? It's safest to use the menu, either
- "3-bar" menu button > Exit
- (menu bar) File > Exit
Next startup, could you check whether either of these are available (not hidden or grayed out):
- "3-bar" menu button > Restore Previous Session
- (menu bar) History > Restore Previous Session
If they are missing or grayed, check either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Library > History > Recently Closed Windows
- "Library" toolbar button > History > Recently Closed Windows
- (menu bar) History > Recently Closed Windows
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes".
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history":
[X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all cookies including cookies with an allow exception you may want to keep