Firefox on my Mac has a virus. I trashed it and reinstalled but still have the problem. How do I fix this?
A PC on my network got malware especially on Firefox. My Mac got it on Firefox. Ran Malwarebytes on both. Firefox still has issues. Do I need to kill extensions?
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Webalive Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
I would certainly recommend updating your copy of Firefox, if not to Firefox Quantum then to the more recent ESR version (Firefox 52 ESR from here).
Further to this, I recommend that you have a read of this article with further information on Firefox issues caused by malware and how to resolve them.