Showing questions for topic:

When playing a video, the screen often fades to black while playing.

Okay so this never happened with Chrome, so I'm assuming it's a firefox only issue. Whilst I'm watching a video, if said video is playing in fullscreen, it'll often fade … (kàsi)

Okay so this never happened with Chrome, so I'm assuming it's a firefox only issue. Whilst I'm watching a video, if said video is playing in fullscreen, it'll often fade to black during different parts, such as whenever a flash happens or quick cuts (e.g. a film with lightning strikes, causes it to fade to black and it stays like that). It is SUPER annoying and it causes me to have to rewind if I miss something because of it! I don't watch YouTube in fullscreen because of it, but it even does it in streaming services! I honestly have had enough but do not want to switch back to Chrome.

Took this photo of the movie Cruella because I knew there was loads of flashing lights at one scene. You can see that the video is faded but the rest isn't. The second image is when I click multiple times to try and stop it! But it happens again directly after.

And yes, I've tried the 'full-screen-api.transition-duration.enter' and 'leave' in Advanced Preferences.

Open 2

how to stop videos from autoplay firefox iOS 2026 iPad Pro M5

Videos autoplay using iPad Pro M5 despite Auto-Play Video Previews, Auto-Play Animated Images and Auto-Play Message Effects all being turned OFF. Current Mozilla advice a… (kàsi)

Videos autoplay using iPad Pro M5 despite Auto-Play Video Previews, Auto-Play Animated Images and Auto-Play Message Effects all being turned OFF. Current Mozilla advice appears to be associated with PC use not iPad. Thank you!

Solved 2 1 40

Issues manually playing videos after selecting after disabling autoplay.

Is anyone else having problems manually playing videos after selecting Block Audio and Video in order to prevent videos from auto playing? I got sick of videos starting … (kàsi)

Is anyone else having problems manually playing videos after selecting Block Audio and Video in order to prevent videos from auto playing? I got sick of videos starting automatically every time I navigated to a web page, so I followed the instructions to disable auto play by selecting Block Audio and Video in the settings. Now, when I try to manually play a video, it fails to start. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue while still preventing videos from autoplaying? BTW, this is occurring on iPad and iPhone rung the latest iOS version.

Open 4 90

how can I pause youtube on firefox

Help me find a way to pause when listening to a youtube lecture on firefox. The ones I prefer run for an hour or more. My laptop allows it but I can't find the way on the… (kàsi)

Help me find a way to pause when listening to a youtube lecture on firefox. The ones I prefer run for an hour or more. My laptop allows it but I can't find the way on the iPhone.

Solved A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́ 1 241

auto play videos

Firefox is my favorite Browser because I have been able to customize it tremendously so that things do not buzz and blink and pop up at me, nothing flashes, nothing makes… (kàsi)

Firefox is my favorite Browser because I have been able to customize it tremendously so that things do not buzz and blink and pop up at me, nothing flashes, nothing makes noise unless I deliberately permit it. today I caught Firefox for mobile permitting a video to auto play. I opened a webpage to read an article and suddenly realized that my podcast (from a different app) had been interrupted and now sound was coming from this page (clear from the content of the sound). I literally had not even seen the video in question as part of the page because I had not scrolled down far enough to where it was playing already. And when I had the lock screen on, clicking pause did not stop the video. So Video was playing without my permission, and was ignoring the usual rules of iOS.

I certainly had not clicked on the video or seen any setting that allowed the website to autoplay videos.

And this is not the first time it has happened, but it is the first time that I am positive that I did not do anything to permit this behavior, and that it had to have been the browser automatically playing something on the page. I verified that the same website does not auto play video in Safari. This is a bug in Firefox Browser for iOS .... unless there is some new setting in an updated version of the browser that says 'please bombard me with autoplay at times" which by default was switched on in a recent update.

Solved A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́ 1 331

Audio Stops Playing in Background (144.3 (63239))

Last night I updated my iPhone 11 Pro to iOS 26.1 Since the upgrade I'm unable to have Firefox play audio for a music stream I listen to when the phone goes to sleep/lock… (kàsi)

Last night I updated my iPhone 11 Pro to iOS 26.1

Since the upgrade I'm unable to have Firefox play audio for a music stream I listen to when the phone goes to sleep/lock or if I use the app switcher to switch to another app, like Maps.

This wasn't happening yesterday when I was using my phone and listening to the same audio stream in my car with Maps open for navigation.

Solved A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́ 4 262

Audio playback on phone stops when screen is locked

Recently, if I am playing audio from Firefox on my phone, the audio stops when my phone screen is locked. This did not used to happen and does not happen if I play the sa… (kàsi)

Recently, if I am playing audio from Firefox on my phone, the audio stops when my phone screen is locked. This did not used to happen and does not happen if I play the same audio from Safari. I am using an iPhone 17 Pro running iOS 26.1. I have tried resetting the phone and removing and reinstalling Firefox, but it persists. The problem does not occur with audio played from the same webpage through Firefox using my iPad, logged into the same Firefox account.

A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́ 3 283

The new video player is buggy, previously the ios own video player worked perfectly, why change it?

The new video player is buggy, previously the ios own video player worked perfectly, why change it? Now I can't even put the video in horizontal and also it has a very ba… (kàsi)

The new video player is buggy, previously the ios own video player worked perfectly, why change it?

Now I can't even put the video in horizontal and also it has a very bad interface

Previously Firefox just used ios-own video player.

Will you come back to the ios video player? tomorrow I found out you changed it and I'm sad.

When will you return to the previous one?

A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́ 1 140