Èròjà atẹ̀lélànà yii ni a ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́. Jọ̀wọ́ béèrè ìbéèrè titun bí o bá nílò ìrànwọ́.
When the browser opens, I want to be able to open all my open tabs from the last session or have a blank home page if there weren't any tabs to reopen. How do I set the homepage to do that?
When Firefox starts up I would rather have a blank page for the homepage if I didn't have any tabs from my previous session to open up. There doesn't seem to be an option for this. The choice is to either reopen last session tabs OR blank page but does not seem to allow for "if no last session tabs, then open blank page" If it does, then please tell me how.
All Replies (3)
OOps, never mind. I tried using about:blank for the home page but it didn't work so I opened up a blank tab and used the "use current page" to set the home page. It worked but it opened up 3 blank tabs. I can live with that.
It would seem if your choose "Show my windows and tabs from last time" and,
- when you last closed Firefox, you had no web site open (just a blank tab), that it would open just that blank tab
- when you last closed Firefox, you had one or more tabs/web site open, that would allow you to "Restore Previous Session"
- Have you tried that?
- If so, what is happening in each circumstance when you reopen Firefox?
Restore Previous Session
Open tabs are automatically saved when closing Firefox beginning in Firefox 4. To open your last session, after Firefox starts, click History > Restore Previous Session. For this to work
- You must be remembering history (Options > Privacy > Remember my browsing history).
- You must not be using Private Browsing or permanent Private Browsing
- See Private Browsing
- You must not use Clear Recent History or Clear history when Firefox closes
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You need to update some plug-ins:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
Ti ṣàtúnṣe nípa SafeBrowser
Thank you so much for your response, but setting the "use current page" for the home page while on a blank tab page worked well enough for my purposes.