Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

I am unable to attach documents to draft emails as the drop down list of files doesn't appear anymore

dkc42

Suddenly yesterday I no longer got the drop down box with my files to select, when I press "attach" or Ctrl, shift,A. I have turned the PC off a couple of times, and refresh Thunderbird but it still doesn't appear. Tried on my laptop and that works OK.

Suddenly yesterday I no longer got the drop down box with my files to select, when I press "attach" or Ctrl, shift,A. I have turned the PC off a couple of times, and refresh Thunderbird but it still doesn't appear. Tried on my laptop and that works OK.

All Replies (2)

Ọ̀nà àbáyọ Tí a Yàn

Hi @dkc42

Community members in the desktop forum can offer greater platform specific support. This forum is focused on the TB mobile app.

A similar question was answered in the desktop forum, and suggests the issue is a bug. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1611065

This is a known bug. It will be fixed in TB158.0 to be released next week. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077526 Beyond drag and drop there is another workaround: at the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button ≡ > Settings > General scroll down to the bottom and click 'Config Editor' search for the preference mail.compose.attach.dir the value (Path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:) restart Thunderbird That should fix it.
Béèrè ìbéèrè

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.