Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Getting error when attempting to grant Thunderbird access to Verizon (AOL) mail account.

Steve Shaffer

When I try to add a new email account, the system keeps showing a vague error when I try to grant the application access. See the attached file.

When I try to add a new email account, the system keeps showing a vague error when I try to grant the application access. See the attached file.
Ìsopọ̀ yíyà aṣàfihàn

All Replies (1)

- What version of Thunderbird?

- Make sure you have cookies enabled in Thunderbird (see <Settings | Privacy & Security | Web Content | Accept cookies from sites>.

- Click on "Show cookies" and delete all cookies from Yahoo and Verizon.

- Delete any existing passwords for Verizon or AOL (see <Settings | Privacy & Security | Passwords | Saved Passwords>.

(I'm confused about the relationship between Verizon, AOL, and Yahoo, so you might need to remove references to Yahoo as well.)

Now, restart Thunderbird and you should be prompted for your credentials and, hopefully it will be successful.

Béèrè ìbéèrè

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.