Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How do I fix video playback randomly stuttering?

lolita

Playback occasionally lags really hard for 1-2 seconds anytime I watch a video. This goes for all websites, not just youtube. It seems disconnected from buffering as it will happen even when the video is totally loaded. It doesn't lag out any other tabs, and switching to a different tab and back always fixes it (for that moment). I've already tried disabling hardware acceleration and webgl, but nothing changed. It happens about once every minute no matter what. I have a high-end pc, so that shouldn't be the problem. (or maybe it is, and firefox isn't optimized for some bit of hardware that I have) Thank you ^_^

Playback occasionally lags really hard for 1-2 seconds anytime I watch a video. This goes for all websites, not just youtube. It seems disconnected from buffering as it will happen even when the video is totally loaded. It doesn't lag out any other tabs, and switching to a different tab and back always fixes it (for that moment). I've already tried disabling hardware acceleration and webgl, but nothing changed. It happens about once every minute no matter what. I have a high-end pc, so that shouldn't be the problem. (or maybe it is, and firefox isn't optimized for some bit of hardware that I have) Thank you ^_^

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.