Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

i want to bookmark a previously bookmarked site in a different folder and retain the original

mcadoo1964

I need to bookmark a previously bookmarked site in a different folder and retain the original where it was. I use a temporary folder for bookmarks, then save them later to related folders. A "duplicate" warning is no problem as long as it keeps the existing bookmark where it was purposly saved. In short, let me have duplicate bookmarks for the same site! Seems to me that older Firefox versions allowed this.

I need to bookmark a previously bookmarked site in a different folder and retain the original where it was. I use a temporary folder for bookmarks, then save them later to related folders. A "duplicate" warning is no problem as long as it keeps the existing bookmark where it was purposly saved. In short, let me have duplicate bookmarks for the same site! Seems to me that older Firefox versions allowed this.

All Replies (2)

Hmm.. I was able to copy a bookmark into two different folders and they all stayed put. Never got a duplicate warning.

Used both the Bookmark Manager and the Bookmark Menu. I right-clicked on the bookmark and chose Copy and then within the new folder I right-clicked and chose Paste and it copied it while leaving the original alone.

seems my deletion of a bookmark happens if I go to a bookmarked site, then decide I want a new bookmark of the site in another folder. As you said, if I go to bookmark bar, select the original saved bookmark in its folder, and copy the original there, I can then save it someplace else. But if I repeat normal bookmark process with right click on the star s like first time, see the star on the address bar, then select it with left click star then shows full , and then select the other, or new destination, folder and hit "save", then my original bookmark is deleted. Gotta try combinations and write them down.... Thanks, and guess ihave to just go to bookmark bar and copy the site URL from there and do the save in the new place.

Ti ṣàtúnṣe nípa mcadoo1964

Béèrè ìbéèrè

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.