Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Unable to launch latest version of firefox.exe, downloaded 09/05/2026

alucalindstrom

I received an error indicating that Firefox was unable to be updated. I tried refreshing the installation as suggested, to no avail. Then I removed the application, downloaded the most recent version, and tried to install it. The installation never seemed to begin. I tried troubleshooting compatibility again with no success.

I've rebooted between each failed attempt to install (at least twice). I opened Task Manager, and the process appears to be stalled. It starts; however, it doesn't consume any resources and hangs. I've attached a screenshot of basic system information.

I use Firefox as my default browser; I would really like to get the newest version installed on this device. Thank you, Aluca Lindstrom

I received an error indicating that Firefox was unable to be updated. I tried refreshing the installation as suggested, to no avail. Then I removed the application, downloaded the most recent version, and tried to install it. The installation never seemed to begin. I tried troubleshooting compatibility again with no success. I've rebooted between each failed attempt to install (at least twice). I opened Task Manager, and the process appears to be stalled. It starts; however, it doesn't consume any resources and hangs. I've attached a screenshot of basic system information. I use Firefox as my default browser; I would really like to get the newest version installed on this device. Thank you, Aluca Lindstrom
Ìsopọ̀ yíyà aṣàfihàn

All Replies (1)

Hi

Are you trying to install a Nightly build of Firefox or the regular Release version?

Béèrè ìbéèrè

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.