Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Èròjà atẹ̀lélànà yii ni a ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́. Jọ̀wọ́ béèrè ìbéèrè titun bí o bá nílò ìrànwọ́.
A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́

my xml data is being displayed as a live bookmark. Not what I want

craigsn

I've got a webservice that is returning XML data. In Chrome I use and extension, XML Tree to display the information correctly. In IE 11, I just turn off Feed Reading View. But in Firefox 42, I get the data showing up as a Live Bookmark (see the file "Firefox example.png" to see what I mean. Compare that to to the what I'm looking for shown in "IE11 example.png"

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

I've got a webservice that is returning XML data. In Chrome I use and extension, XML Tree to display the information correctly. In IE 11, I just turn off Feed Reading View. But in Firefox 42, I get the data showing up as a Live Bookmark (see the file "Firefox example.png" to see what I mean. Compare that to to the what I'm looking for shown in "IE11 example.png" Any help would be appreciated. Craig
Ìsopọ̀ yíyà aṣàfihàn

All Replies (3)

Hmm, I don't see any way to bypass Firefox's styling of XML content with a known stylesheet.

There is a preference to choose a different viewer for feeds, but I don't know how one might use that to view it differently in a Firefox tab unless there is an add-on for that:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.feeds.handler

The native "View Source" feature is not helpful in this case. But as a workaround, maybe an add-on could style the source view page?

Did you try to view the source in a tab (right-click: "View Page Source")?

  • view_source.tab = true

I can view source on a feed, but I don't get that nice tree-structured styling. For example:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/feed?product=all

Then press Ctrl+u (for Windows users) and I see just plain text.