Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Yiñ denc

I get a very odd Entry Point Not Found message when wanting to launch Firefox.

ThomasVDC

When I try to launch Firefox (from desktop, taskbar, start menu) I get this error message:

The procedure entry point ?NotifyDidPaint@js@@YAXPAUJSContext@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library mozjs.dll

Firefox worked fine on my laptop last night, this morning it just wouldn't work. And I didn't turn it off or anything. Can anyone help me?

When I try to launch Firefox (from desktop, taskbar, start menu) I get this error message: ''The procedure entry point ?NotifyDidPaint@js@@YAXPAUJSContext@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library mozjs.dll'' Firefox worked fine on my laptop last night, this morning it just wouldn't work. And I didn't turn it off or anything. Can anyone help me?

All Replies (4)

do you know if the update to firefox 13 was applied over night - if so please try redownloading the full setup file at getfirefox.com, restart the pc & then run the installer on top of your current installation...

This didn't help, unfortunatly.. When I try to run the setup file, it asks if I ant to run as current user or as Administrator. I am the Administrator though, and no account on this laptop has a password. But when I run it as current user, nothing happens. I tried to run the uninstall but the exact same thing happens.. nothing.

I've also noticed that if I try starting the game League of Legends, I get the exact same error message when I attempt to log in. If that helps at all.

Do a clean (re)install and delete the Firefox program folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\).

Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.

Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible.

  • Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you will also lose your personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.

Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.

Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.