Feature request - larger, permanent scroll bars option
I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate placement of the cursor than is easy and sometimes results in false signals to Thunderbird to scroll as you try to center the cursor. I know I spend several seconds messing with it each time I want to scroll up or down or just go to the next line as I'm reading. This may be a request to accommodate the elder community, who often has less fine motor control in their hands.
تمام جوابات (3)
منتخب شدہ حل
If you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings, the scroll bars can be made permanently visible, though the width won't change much.
Go to about:config (Thunderbird: Settings → General → "Config Editor" at the very bottom), find the option widget.windows.overlay-scrollbars.enabled and set it to 'false'. This needs the program to be restarted so that it could completely switch to its traditional custom-drawn scrollbars.
Try different scrollbar styles:
- TB menu > Settings > General
- scroll all the way down and click the 'Config editor' button on the right
- click 'Accept the risk and continue' if that appears
- search for widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style
These are the values for styles. For Windows, I think number 4 would be the widest.
0 - Default Platform scrollbar style
1 - macOs scrollbars
2 - GTK Scrollbars
3 - Android Scrollbars
4 - Windows 10 scrollbars
5 - Windows 11 scrollbars
Make sure to click the check mark if there is one after making the change.
Some years ago Windows XP would allow you to set scrollbar width. In Windows 10 and 11 you can do it via registry setting.