Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Вирішено

Which dictionary are we using? (Or are we allowing English spelling to be supplanted with American spelling?)

John

Which dictionary are we using? (Or are we allowing English spelling to be supplanted with American or other spelling?)

Whereas in MS Windows I can choose UK English or one of the many different forms of English in use elsewhere, I'm noting that in Mozilla/Firefox I get the typical warning under a spelling that does not equate with the spelling used in the current dictionary and yet these spellings are not UK English...

Even I choose UK English as my default dictionary the spelling of "colour", "neighbour", aluminium, still give this indicator.

Which dictionary are we using? (Or are we allowing English spelling to be supplanted with American or other spelling?) Whereas in MS Windows I can choose UK English or one of the many different forms of English in use elsewhere, I'm noting that in Mozilla/Firefox I get the typical warning under a spelling that does not equate with the spelling used in the current dictionary and yet these spellings are not UK English... Even I choose UK English as my default dictionary the spelling of "colour", "neighbour", aluminium, still give this indicator.

Усі відповіді (1)

Вибране рішення

Right now we're using so called Marco Pinto dictionary from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary-2/ . If your dictionary is outdated, you can install this one.

Запитати

Щоб відповідати на повідомлення, ви повинні ввійти у свій обліковий запис. Поставте нове питання, якщо ви ще не маєте облікового запису.