Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Вирішено Архівовано

How can I close the giant bookmark search screen that runs along the entire bottom of my browser/window?

Chaserx

View, toolbars, unclick Bookmark toolbar doesn't close it. It opens everytime I launch the Browser.

View, toolbars, unclick Bookmark toolbar doesn't close it. It opens everytime I launch the Browser.
Читати цю відповідь у контексті

Вибране рішення

That is the Bookmarks Manager (Library) that shows in the lower part of the screen. The Library normally opens in a separate window at not in the current browsing window.

Did you check your extensions to make sure that they aren't causing this issue like I wrote above?

Усі відповіді (4)

Can you attach a screenshot?

  • Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
  • Make sure that you do not exceed the maximum size of 1 MB

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.

  • Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
  • Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window

Here's a screenshot.

Вибране рішення

That is the Bookmarks Manager (Library) that shows in the lower part of the screen. The Library normally opens in a separate window at not in the current browsing window.

Did you check your extensions to make sure that they aren't causing this issue like I wrote above?

OK. I did and I found the add-on that was causing it. It is the add-on "Last Page" for "reading Chrome pages below content". This add-on was installed automatically when I switched from Google Chrome to Firefox. I don't know what is is supposed to do.

Problem solved. Thank you!