how to switch off Global Privacy Control opt-out
I can't find a place that says website privacy preferences or "tell websites not to sell my data"
I can't find a place that says website privacy preferences or "tell websites not to sell my data"
Enhanced Tracking Protection today specifically broke my browsing X no access , Instagram no access , any regular website google search results link to NO ACCESS BECAUSE … (read more)
Enhanced Tracking Protection today specifically broke my browsing X no access , Instagram no access , any regular website google search results link to NO ACCESS BECAUSE Enhanced Tracking Protection supposably makes trouble causing websites to crash ... i never asked for firefox tracking protection NEVER EVER WOULD
For some sites, every page is partially obscured by an "opt out signal honored" banner. How can I remove this banner but still retain the opt-out feature?
remove all the blocked things
Sites I visit on Chrome mean I get unwanted and unsuitable advertisements on newspapers I subscribe. Can Mozilla prevent this from happening?
How do I disable the third party sign on popup from google?
Being tracked and losing my information
Manage your Exceptions list Tap the three-dot android menu icon menu button. Fenix_153_address-bar_menu-icon Tap Settings. Tap Enhanced Tracking Protection in… (read more)
Manage your Exceptions list
Tap the three-dot android menu icon menu button. Fenix_153_address-bar_menu-icon Tap Settings. Tap Enhanced Tracking Protection in the Privacy and Security section. Tap Exceptions.
======================= Exceptions list
this instructions just take you to a link not add the ulr in Firefox app:-(
HOW DO I BLOCK ADDS?
I am using firefox for iOS, v156.1 and have been very excited when I learned about the new, integrated adblocker function. I am using strict tracking protection and priv… (read more)
I am using firefox for iOS, v156.1 and have been very excited when I learned about the new, integrated adblocker function. I am using strict tracking protection and private tabs. Brave browser does a fantastic job to block ads, and I was expecting similar performance. However, when I enable the new adblocker function, I do get MORE instead of LESS ads...? Please try yourself, visit the site https://www.spiegel.de with and without adblocker, with tracking protection enabled and set to strict. With adblocker disabled, there is no ad shown, just black zones where ads have been blocked. With adblocker enabled, I get multiple ads displayed, quite annoyingly. Please help me understand if this is intended behavior, or if I am doing something wrong. Thank you very much Peter
PS: Just found this discussion: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/ios-ad-blocker-experiment/m-p/133902 Unfortunately I am not alone, and this is expected behavior, i.e. useless for me. I am very disappointed :(
Hello. I been enjoying the free VPN for days and I liked the fast connection, free and access for many days of uses. then at middle of use, suddenly VPN stopped working, … (read more)
Hello.
I been enjoying the free VPN for days and I liked the fast connection, free and access for many days of uses.
then at middle of use, suddenly VPN stopped working, I looked at setting and noticed it's gone despite the shield icon at top left shows purple dot (likely showing VPN is on). I thought it's visual bug from settings so I get out app, restarted , then opened, still VPN option didn't show up, even the purple dot is gone. Then I updated Firefox android, still same. What happened? I got revoked access to VPN?
I WANT ALL POP UP ADS STOPPED
For the past 2 weeks now, every single time I search on Google on private browsing there would be a CAPTCHA. I tried troubleshoot mode but the same thing happened. … (read more)
For the past 2 weeks now, every single time I search on Google on private browsing there would be a CAPTCHA. I tried troubleshoot mode but the same thing happened.
Fire Fox email says: Turn built-in ad blocker on, in setting browsing, not found
your message said turn it on in Settings > Browser, but the only menu item i found was Settings > Tabs and Browsing. I couldn't find anything about an ad blocker t… (read more)
your message said turn it on in Settings > Browser, but the only menu item i found was Settings > Tabs and Browsing. I couldn't find anything about an ad blocker there.
I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac). I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed th… (read more)
I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac).
I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed this to Strict; when I did this, there was a message saying there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best to disable that extension and instead should enable Resist fingerprinting protection that is in Firefox browser.
I looked up a Mozilla Support article that told how to dissable the extension; I went to about:config, saw some extensions were enabled. The top item was: "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" and it had value of True. It was only extension with name in boldface. I toggled the value to False.
I was going to do a browser restart, but first I went back to Settings, Privacy and Security, then to Advanced settings. When I got there, I selected Strict level. This time, there was no message saying anything about "there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best if I disabled that extension."
My question: since the Warning that had appeared when I was in Advanced settings the first time is now gone, does that mean that my problem is solved? Do I need to try a restart of browser? Also, I did not delete the boldface "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" extension from Advanced Preferences; should I go back and do that? Please advise.
Thank you so much, BA
I was trying to follow y’all’s published steps on how to turn on ad blocking and your published steps don’t align with what I see on my phone. I’ll reference the Settings… (read more)
I was trying to follow y’all’s published steps on how to turn on ad blocking and your published steps don’t align with what I see on my phone. I’ll reference the Settings > Browse > Content menu, but I have … > Media, not Content. Do I have some alt version? I just updated to 155.1. Why can’t I have this feature? Ads are cooking my phone and I’d like to have a browser level ad blocker.
what to do when I am trying to make a payment but Firefox blockers do not allow the transaction?
How do I activate native ad blocker?
This seems to be a staged release. When will everyone get it?