Reply text is tiny and I dont know how to increase the font size
Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that the font size for just viewing the body text of an email was tiny, but I was able to fix that. But for the font size in the body of a reply or forwarded email is tiny and I have gone thru all the settings for hours with no luck. Any help much appreciated.
All Replies (2)
Chosen Solution
Hi jl120,
You can change the font Thunderbird uses when composing and replying to messages.
Try going to Settings > General > Language & Fonts, then click Advanced. Make sure the font and size are set to something comfortable under both “Latin” and “Other Writing Systems”. You may also want to increase the Minimum Font Size.
If the text is still tiny specifically in the reply window, check Settings > Composition and make sure the HTML font is set to Variable Width and Medium.
If you tell us which Linux distribution you're using, we can give you the exact menu steps for your system.
Hi Max - Thanks very much for your response. TBH I have been using TB for 15 years and I had become familiar with setting font sizes for under both “Latin” and “Other Writing Systems”. But in the past I had only set Minimum font size. LOL I ended up setting minimun font size for ALL the fonts listed under Advanced but this did not help either. This time as per your suggestion I set Monospace from 12 to 18 for both “Latin” and “Other Writing Systems” and this fixed the issues. I say issues because I found the font size was too small in a reply or forward email but also in a new email. Thanks again for your help.
Modified