Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

IMAP: Delete body but save subject lines for all emails

skyzoomer

Running Windows 11 Home and Tbird 153.4.0esr. Tbird configured with IMAP. I have many years worth of emails stored in my Tbird profile folder. Profile folder is 25 GB.

I want to delete the bodies of all emails in the profile folder but retain the subject lines to minimize the size of the profile folder (while keeping bodies of all emails on the server). Then I can retrieve any email from the server.

Anyone do this successfully without losing emails? Is there a step-by-step procedure for doing this on the Mozilla website? (Google is giving me an Ai answer but not a link to a Mozilla answer.)

Running Windows 11 Home and Tbird 153.4.0esr. Tbird configured with IMAP. I have many years worth of emails stored in my Tbird profile folder. Profile folder is 25 GB. I want to delete the bodies of all emails in the profile folder but retain the subject lines to minimize the size of the profile folder (while keeping bodies of all emails on the server). Then I can retrieve any email from the server. Anyone do this successfully without losing emails? Is there a step-by-step procedure for doing this on the Mozilla website? (Google is giving me an Ai answer but not a link to a Mozilla answer.)

All Replies (1)

Chosen Solution

Needed to reduce the size of Tbird's profile folder now so followed the Google Ai answer. It was a bit complicated but it did do the job. So my problem is solved.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.