Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

new looks and legacy option

Abd Zeabd

I absolutely hate the new look i cant find a legacy option. This new look is so bad i might vomit from its uglyness, please help

I absolutely hate the new look i cant find a legacy option. This new look is so bad i might vomit from its uglyness, please help

All Replies (1)

Hi Abd,

Firefox 157 introduced a major new visual design called Nova, and there isn't currently a supported “legacy” or “classic” appearance option that restores the previous Firefox 156 design. Mozilla has, however, brought back Compact Mode, which makes the tabs and toolbar smaller.

You can find it under Settings > General > Browser Layout > Compact.

If you specifically want the old Firefox 156 appearance, there are some unsupported about:config workarounds being discussed, but I would not recommend changing those preferences as they can stop working or cause unexpected behaviour after an update. Mozilla also warns that about:config customisations are not officially supported.

If you mainly dislike how much space the new design uses, I'd try Compact Mode first.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.