Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ค้นหาฝ่ายสนับสนุน

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

เรียนรู้เพิ่มเติม
Open

"scroll up current message" shortcut disappeared

sukolyn

Hi,

I used to scroll up in current message using Shift+Space, but it stopped working for a few days now. it's not mentionned in moving around TB, so I don't know if it was normal behaviour or a feature added by TB's arch maintainer.

Hi, I used to scroll up in current message using Shift+Space, but it stopped working for a few days now. it's not mentionned in [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-thunderbird#w_moving-around-thunderbird moving around TB], so I don't know if it was normal behaviour or a feature added by TB's arch maintainer.

การตอบกลับทั้งหมด (5)

I don't think that's normal behavior. It works for me as you describe - Space scrolls down (until be bottom of the message, when it goes to the next message,) Shift+Space scrolls up.

Thunderbird 153.0 Arch Linux

  1. System Details Report
    1. Hardware Information:

- **Hardware Model:** innotek GmbH VirtualBox - **Memory:** 3.8 GiB - **Processor:** Intel® Core™ i5-6600K - **Graphics:** Software Rendering - **Disk Capacity:** 16.7 GB

    1. Software Information:

- **Firmware Version:** VirtualBox - **OS Name:** Arch Linux - **OS Build:** (null) - **OS Type:** 64-bit - **GNOME Version:** 50 - **Windowing System:** Wayland - **Kernel Version:** Linux 6.18.41-1-lts

shouldn't it be listed in "moving around TB" mentioned above, then ?

sukolyn said

shouldn't it be listed in "moving around TB" mentioned above, then ?

Probably.

it works in Firefox. it works in Thunderbird when I open a message in a new tab.

ah! it works when I move into message panel, but it doesn't work anymore when I stay in messages list (having a message selected of course), as it used to, although scroll down works.

เปลี่ยนแปลงโดย sukolyn เมื่อ

Same here. On macOS Sequoia Shift+Space used to scroll up the message body while viewing the message list until recently (and was perfect to quickly scroll around). Stopped working with or before 156.0.1. Shift+Space now scrolls down as with Space only.

Also tried Troubleshoot mode to no avail.

Version 156.0.1 Build ID 20260922151802 .. OS Darwin 24.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 24.6.0: Sun Aug 23 20:37:17 PDT 2026; root:xnu-11417.140.69.712.69~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T8132

เปลี่ยนแปลงโดย 46m92bvkkn เมื่อ

ถามคำถาม

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.