Welcome to Firefox! We'll show you all the basics to get you up and running. When you're ready to go beyond the basics, check out the other links for features you can explore later.
Table of Contents
- 1 New Tab page: great content at your fingertips
- 2 Search everything with the unified search/address bar
- 3 Page Actions menu: Bookmark, snap, save or share
- 4 Private Browsing with Content Blocking: Browse fast and free
- 5 Keep your Firefox in sync
- 6 Home is just a click away
- 7 Customize the menu or the toolbar
- 8 Add features to Firefox with add-ons
- 9 Get help
New Tab page: great content at your fingertips
By default, Firefox gives you access to great content every time you open a new tab. Customize this page by hovering over the sections and thumbnails or click the gear icon for more options.
Search everything with the unified search/address bar
Whether you know the exact web address or just searching, the unified Awesome Bar, as we call it, handles it all. Firefox's URL bar gives you suggestions based on your existing bookmarks and tags, history, open tabs, and popular searches. How's that for Awesome? Just start typing in a search or url and watch the magic happen.
Page Actions menu: Bookmark, snap, save or share
Find a really great web page? Save it or share it. The Page Actions menu in the address bar lets you bookmark web pages, copy or email links, take screenshots, and send pages to your phone or to your Pocket list so you can read them whenever and wherever you want.
Private Browsing with Content Blocking: Browse fast and free
Browse the Internet without saving any information on your computer about which sites and pages you’ve visited. Firefox will also block creepy trackers that follow your behavior across the Web.
- Click the menu button and then click right-clickcontrol + click on a link on a web page, then click .) . (Tip: You can also
Keep your Firefox in sync
Set up Firefox Accounts so you can take your browsing information with you wherever you go. Click the menu button , chooseand follow the instructions to create your account. Then sign in to the newly-created account on your other devices and that's it!
Home is just a click away
Choose the page that opens when you start Firefox or click the Home button.
- Open a tab with the web page you want to use as your home page.
- Drag and drop that tab onto the Home button .
Customize the menu or the toolbar
We've streamlined the toolbar with the most popular features but Firefox has even more features tucked away. Take a peek!
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Drag and drop the features you want onto your toolbar or the panel on the right.
- When you are done, click the button.
Add features to Firefox with add-ons
Add-ons are like apps that you can install to make Firefox work the way you want.
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- To install a featuredrecommended add-on, click the blue or button, depending on the type of add-on. To uninstall an add-on you just installed, click the grey button.
At the top and bottom of the list of featuredrecommended add-ons, there's also a button you can click. It will take you to addons.mozilla.org where you can search for specific add-ons.
To learn more about add-ons, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
If you have more questions or ever need help with Firefox, you're on the right website.
- This site has hundreds of articles that cover nearly every Firefox question you might have.