My last upload path locations get stuck in my Downloads folder after I download a file
Today Firefox updated in my laptop (I have Windows 11) to its current 157.0 version, I found out that when I download something (and it is saved in my Downloads folder), whenever I want to upload ANYTHING to any other website I can upload something, the path somewhat gets stuck in the Downloads folder. ANYTHING.
I closed Firefox, thinking this was probably an error or something similar since it updated, I open again. I try to upload anything, the last path it remembers is exactly the one from where I'm uploading a file, but it's the same in every website I am using (instead of Firefox remembering the paths from each website I have used, for example, it would normally be Documents in "y", a random folder in Documents in "z", but now it's Documents in y, z, etc.). And then, I decide to download something... and then it gets stuck in the Downloads folder again. And it gets reset as I close and open Firefox.
I dunno what to do, haha. It's very annoying, because it's extra clicks... and then the path getting defaulted to Downloads if I'm downloading something, like saving an image.
This is probably a bug... as I didn't have this problem yesterday, and coincidently! This just started happening as Firefox updated to 157 (I also tested this in another profile I have for testing purposes - it's exactly the same behavior). I might have to report this as a bug.
I don't even know where to look at to "restore" this, I have searched a bit (if that's located in about:config), but frankly? I have found nothing, and those options I see suggested elsewhere are empty fields or I have to add them in the config flags? I also don't know about coding, tbh.
Is there a way to fix this or wait until Mozilla recognizes it might be a bug?
ప్రత్యుత్తరాలన్నీ (1)
Hi senderosvioletas,
Since this started immediately after updating to Firefox 157 and also happens in another profile, it does sound like a Firefox regression rather than something specific to your profile.
Firefox normally remembers the last file location used for a particular website, so the behaviour you describe, where downloading a file causes every subsequent upload dialog to start in Downloads, is not expected.
I would not change random about:config preferences or reinstall Firefox at this point. Since you can reproduce it in another profile, that would be unlikely to help.
Could you confirm whether this happens in Firefox 157 on Windows 11 even with Troubleshoot Mode enabled? If it does, that would make an extension or profile customization very unlikely to be responsible.
If it is reproducible in a clean profile, I would report it as a Firefox bug and include the exact Firefox version, Windows 11 version, and the steps needed to reproduce it. That information should help Mozilla investigate the regression.