Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Firefox is crashing on a very frequent basis.

Eskimeaux

Firefox crashes while I am viewing a web page, even a page that has been opened for a few minutes.

Firefox crashes while I am viewing a web page, even a page that has been opened for a few minutes.
Read this answer in context

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

You can try that before posting a new RC: 1/ Restarting FF in safe mode (Windows+R > firefox.exe -safe-mode) If that works, find the add-on that's culprit and disable it.

2/ Disabling hardware acceleration in FF (Options > Advanced > General) - restart FF. Re-enable it that doesn't help.

3/ Create a new FF profile (Windows+R > firefox.exe -P) to test

Oxylatium மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

All Replies (6)

Your crash report: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/59ae9b17-3af2-4590-b4ed-dece62120104 It's related to Flash player, try to disable hardware acceleration in Flash settings (see http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html)

I disabled hardware acceleration inside the Adobe Flash console, as you recommended, Oxylatium, but Firefox continues to crash often, even when I am not viewing anything using Flash. I submitted a subsequent crash report.

Where is your CR? Post it here please.

Ok....I just noticed that the latest crash report I submitted this morning is the same crash report I submitted a few days ago (59ae9b17-3af2-4590-b4ed-dece62120104).

Apparently the subsequent crashes have not generated any crash reports. I will wait until a fresh crash report is generated, then I will sent it to you. Please bear with me ......I am not very competent at doing this. Thank You

Eskimeaux மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

You can try that before posting a new RC: 1/ Restarting FF in safe mode (Windows+R > firefox.exe -safe-mode) If that works, find the add-on that's culprit and disable it.

2/ Disabling hardware acceleration in FF (Options > Advanced > General) - restart FF. Re-enable it that doesn't help.

3/ Create a new FF profile (Windows+R > firefox.exe -P) to test

Oxylatium மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

Thank You, Oxylatium. I will try your suggestions first, and will let you know the results.