Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Is it possible to restore a session other than the previous one?

quasar161

Is there a way to select an older session to restore, or does Firefox only keep the most recent one on file?

Here's the situation: Firefox was slow to restart after a hang, so I restarted my computer. On restart, Firefox did not restore the previous session, and the session-restore setting was switched off in Options. I re-selected it, and tried re-starting Firefox in the hopes that the session I originally wanted restored would come up, but of course I got the most recent session instead.

Is there a way to select an older session to restore, or does Firefox only keep the most recent one on file? Here's the situation: Firefox was slow to restart after a hang, so I restarted my computer. On restart, Firefox did not restore the previous session, and the session-restore setting was switched off in Options. I re-selected it, and tried re-starting Firefox in the hopes that the session I originally wanted restored would come up, but of course I got the most recent session instead.

All Replies (2)

If I remember correctly, Firefox only remembers the last one you saved.

You can look at this extension: