How do I block Facebook's website from Firefox? I use Apple OS X.
How do I block Facebook? I use Apple OS X. I canceled my Facebook account, but there are sometimes advertising links on other sites where you can't tell it's a Facebook site until after clicking on the link. The problem with Facebook is if you cancel your account but then visit again (accidentally or otherwise), it reactivates your old canceled account--unless they've changed their privacy settings again to stop this. How do I set up Firefox so that it blocks Facebook, or at least warns me that I'm about to go go Facebook? Thx.
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 07103007
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 168
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Try the BlockSite extension for Firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3145/