Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Missing Outlook import information

Robert

Dear Sir or Madam, Critical information is not readily available when one wants to import from Outlook. (I've wasted the better part of a day, discovering these omissions, to the point...I will give Thunderbird one more chance at a successful install, then Gone forever.) (1) Will not work with POP3 connectivity. (2) Will not work with mismatched bit-configurations, i.e., 32-bit vs 64-bit. (3) Will not transfer the format of the Outlet message--contents, yes; format, no (4) When "Cannot file Profile" message appears when trying to import from Outlook---which "Profile" is Thunderbird looking for? [Yahoo! (for those servers under Yahoo!'s control), Outlook, Thunderbird] Not clear at all. I finally gave up on trying to import Outlook, so I entered my Contact information manually. But then, when the "Profile" problem arose, and I created a new Profile...darnit, I lost my Contacts, so I had to enter them all over again.

Oh, I managed to get Thunderbird to work, I think. Verifying my emails were getting downloaded. Now, who knows why, My emails are not coming through into my Inbox.

Dear Sir or Madam, Critical information is not readily available when one wants to import from Outlook. (I've wasted the better part of a day, discovering these omissions, to the point...I will give Thunderbird one more chance at a successful install, then Gone forever.) (1) Will not work with POP3 connectivity. (2) Will not work with mismatched bit-configurations, i.e., 32-bit vs 64-bit. (3) Will not transfer the format of the Outlet message--contents, yes; format, no (4) When "Cannot file Profile" message appears when trying to import from Outlook---which "Profile" is Thunderbird looking for? [Yahoo! (for those servers under Yahoo!'s control), Outlook, Thunderbird] Not clear at all. I finally gave up on trying to import Outlook, so I entered my Contact information manually. But then, when the "Profile" problem arose, and I created a new Profile...darnit, I lost my Contacts, so I had to enter them all over again. Oh, I managed to get Thunderbird to work, I think. Verifying my emails were getting downloaded. Now, who knows why, My emails are not coming through into my Inbox.

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.