Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How to backup my local folder?

rakel.helmsdal

My Thunderbird (windows) is really not working, so I want to reinstall the whole thing. I have 4 accounts and a local folder. I don't want to backup all the profiles before reinstalling, as I am having an annoying issue with g-mail (I don't HAVE a gmail any more, but Thunderbird wants to login to gmail every time I open it). I only want to backup the "local" folder, as, so I want to reinstall the accounts one by one from scratch. In that way I hope, I can purge Thunderbird of the gmail. Now the question: How do I backup the local folder in a way that makes it easy to import it back after all the reinstallment?

My Thunderbird (windows) is really not working, so I want to reinstall the whole thing. I have 4 accounts and a local folder. I don't want to backup all the profiles before reinstalling, as I am having an annoying issue with g-mail (I don't HAVE a gmail any more, but Thunderbird wants to login to gmail every time I open it). I only want to backup the "local" folder, as, so I want to reinstall the accounts one by one from scratch. In that way I hope, I can purge Thunderbird of the gmail. Now the question: How do I backup the local folder in a way that makes it easy to import it back after all the reinstallment?

All Replies (23)

PS. Now I am rid of the old gmail-login - at last....

See section 'Finding your profile without opening Thunderbird' in this support article: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profiles-where-thunderbird-stores-user-data#w_how-do-i-find-my-profile

Thank you for your help. I have still not solved all my Thunderbird problems, but I have a better understanding of how it functions, so I may be able to fix things :)

  1. 1
  2. 2
கேள்வி எழுப்பு

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.