Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Need to transfer entire e-mail accoints, folders, address books from old laptop to new laptop.

Todd

I have a new windows laptop. I run thunderbird e-mail. I have about 13 e-mail accounts and numerous folders and a few address books and groups.

I need to transfer it entirely to the new laptop.

Where do I go on the old computer to copy files to a drive then go to new laptop and paste files to seamlessly accomplish this move?

I have attached 2 pics showing the accounts and beginning of the folders I have.

How do I copy/move/transfer everything?

I have a new windows laptop. I run thunderbird e-mail. I have about 13 e-mail accounts and numerous folders and a few address books and groups. I need to transfer it entirely to the new laptop. Where do I go on the old computer to copy files to a drive then go to new laptop and paste files to seamlessly accomplish this move? I have attached 2 pics showing the accounts and beginning of the folders I have. How do I copy/move/transfer everything?
Attached screenshots

All Replies (1)

Here's an article about how to do just that, transfer you Thunderbird Profile from one computer to another. This will replicate the setup from the old computer on the new.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/moving-thunderbird-data-to-a-new-computer

கேள்வி எழுப்பு

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.