Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

No audio on Napster since upgrade to v5x (last month or so). Am using v60.

  • 2 பதிலளிப்புகள்
  • 1 இந்த பிரச்சனை உள்ளது
  • 388 views
  • Last reply by Bill

Since FF upgraded to v5x (last month), Napster audio no longer works. I have Ghostery and AdBlocker Ultimate running. I've whitelisted both and started FF several times with ad-ins disabled. Still doesn't work. Audio on other sites works fine (only not on Napster). Napster suggested I wipe out my profile and create a new one (I don't want to reinstall Windows either). FF I use is portable FF. Napster audio works fine on Opera portable and on IE.

I tried all of the suggestions for audio problems to no avail. Like I said, audio works on everything except Napster. Napster worked fine for years before about a month ago.

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Ha! The solution was in Flash Player upgrade to v30. I upgraded Flash several times previously but it seems that v30 resolved this. Thank you, thank you, thank you !! I use Firefox for real browsing and Opera & IE for temporary stuff, where everything is deleted upon closing.

...or so I thought...

A few days ago I started having the same problem. I saved my profile folder and created a new profile. This new profile worked fine. I then thought it might be some kind of DRM problem, so I was copying and deleting the "gmp..." folders. Still no go with go with my original profile.

Then I began to think... My profile is stored on a server in our network. In Windows 10 I "symlink" to my Firefox profile on the server. This allows me to backup all my Firefox settings automatically each evening when the server backup runs (I do the same with My documents and Thunderbird). This has worked for many years. When I copied the entire remote profiles folder to my local machine, then pointed Firefox to this profile everything worked just fine.

So, as long as as Firefox points to a profile on my local machine Napster's audio (via Flash) works. But when I point Firefox to the same profile (on a server) via a "symlink" Napster audio fails. I'm thinking Windows 10 did a recent update that messed with permissions through symlinks, in this instance Flash audio from Napster website.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (2)

Hi, Separate Security Issue, please update your Flash 29.0 Flash Player Version: 30.0.0.113 Current Version https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>r0

Wiping out your Profile is a little extreme when you can create a new Profile and test it : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

If no luck above please continue with below : Please try : SAFE MODE

In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:

  • all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
  • default theme is used (no persona)
  • userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder)
  • default toolbar layout is used (file: localstore-safe.rdf)
  • Javascript JIT compilers are disabled (prefs: javascript.options.*jit)
  • hardware acceleration is disabled (Options > Advanced > General)
  • plugins are not affected
  • preferences are not affected

TEST''''is issue still there ?

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Ha! The solution was in Flash Player upgrade to v30. I upgraded Flash several times previously but it seems that v30 resolved this. Thank you, thank you, thank you !! I use Firefox for real browsing and Opera & IE for temporary stuff, where everything is deleted upon closing.

...or so I thought...

A few days ago I started having the same problem. I saved my profile folder and created a new profile. This new profile worked fine. I then thought it might be some kind of DRM problem, so I was copying and deleting the "gmp..." folders. Still no go with go with my original profile.

Then I began to think... My profile is stored on a server in our network. In Windows 10 I "symlink" to my Firefox profile on the server. This allows me to backup all my Firefox settings automatically each evening when the server backup runs (I do the same with My documents and Thunderbird). This has worked for many years. When I copied the entire remote profiles folder to my local machine, then pointed Firefox to this profile everything worked just fine.

So, as long as as Firefox points to a profile on my local machine Napster's audio (via Flash) works. But when I point Firefox to the same profile (on a server) via a "symlink" Napster audio fails. I'm thinking Windows 10 did a recent update that messed with permissions through symlinks, in this instance Flash audio from Napster website.

Bill மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது