Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Vyhľadajte odpoveď

Vyhnite sa podvodom s podporou. Nikdy vás nebudeme žiadať, aby ste zavolali alebo poslali SMS na telefónne číslo alebo zdieľali osobné informácie. Nahláste prosím podozrivú aktivitu použitím voľby “Nahlásiť zneužitie”.

Ďalšie informácie
Otvorené

freeze while browsing

Jane Murphy

My system froze abruptly while I was browsing on Firefox. Cursor was useless. What should I do if/when that happens again? And how can I prevent the freeze from happening?

My system froze abruptly while I was browsing on Firefox. Cursor was useless. What should I do if/when that happens again? And how can I prevent the freeze from happening?

Všetky odpovede (1)

If the whole computer froze and even the cursor stopped responding, I wouldn’t assume Firefox itself caused it. Next time, give it a minute first. If nothing responds, try Ctrl + Alt + Delete. If that doesn’t work, a long press of the power button is about all you can do.

To prevent it, I’d start with Firefox’s Troubleshoot Mode and see if the freezing happens again. If it stops, an extension or hardware acceleration is a likely culprit. If it still freezes, I’d check the graphics driver, RAM usage, and Windows Event Viewer for errors around the time of the crash.

If this starts happening regularly, it’s worth troubleshooting the computer itself rather than just reinstalling Firefox.

Položiť otázku

Ak chcete odpovedať na príspevky, musíte sa prihlásiť do svojho účtu. Ak ešte nemáte účet, položte novú otázku.