Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Vyhľadajte odpoveď

Vyhnite sa podvodom s podporou. Nikdy vás nebudeme žiadať, aby ste zavolali alebo poslali SMS na telefónne číslo alebo zdieľali osobné informácie. Nahláste prosím podozrivú aktivitu použitím voľby “Nahlásiť zneužitie”.

Ďalšie informácie
Archivované

Get "Unable to change Master Password" after resetting it using the "openDialog("chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul")" to reset forgotten PW.

K R

I set a Master Password, but then trying to use it, TBird did not recognize it (despite me having stored it in a PW vault, and having pasted it into TBird). So I used the "openDialog("chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul")" method to reset it. Now when I try to set a new master PW, I get the error "Unable to change Master Password", even though the dialog looks like it should work, i.e. there's not Master PW displayed. Help!

KR

I set a Master Password, but then trying to use it, TBird did not recognize it (despite me having stored it in a PW vault, and having pasted it into TBird). So I used the "openDialog("chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul")" method to reset it. Now when I try to set a new master PW, I get the error "Unable to change Master Password", even though the dialog looks like it should work, i.e. there's not Master PW displayed. Help! KR

Všetky odpovede (1)

All account and master passwords can be removed by deleting or renaming key4.db, cert9.db and logins.json from the profile folder. Help/Troubleshooting Information, click Open Folder, close TB, delete or rename the 3 files.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Password_not_remembered_-_Thunderbird#No_checkbox_to_remember_passwords