Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

firefox no longer offers to save passwords. Why?

Claudestephane

Very puzzling. As I setup this account, a moment ago, Firefox DID offer to save my password, and offered to update it when I had to re-enter it, yet on logging in to other sites, e.g. NYTimes.com, the offer never comes up. checking saved passwords, no nytimes.com listing appears, yet settings do have save passwords selected. I tried de-selecting & re-selecting it without effect. I am not in obligatory private browsing. Your help appreciated.

Very puzzling. As I setup this account, a moment ago, Firefox DID offer to save my password, and offered to update it when I had to re-enter it, yet on logging in to other sites, e.g. NYTimes.com, the offer never comes up. checking saved passwords, no nytimes.com listing appears, yet settings do have save passwords selected. I tried de-selecting & re-selecting it without effect. I am not in obligatory private browsing. Your help appreciated.

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Soluție aleasă

Some web sites send a code so that password collectors don't work. If you go to Mozilla Add-ons Web Page you can find something to help you. ALSO, some web sites will send a code that disables the right click / <Control>C=copy / <Control>P=paste. You can also find an add-on that will restore it to your control.

This website uses autocomplete=off to prevent Firefox from saving form data like name and password.

You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox store form data like names and passwords.

Note that Firefox won't auto-fill saved form data automatically when autocomplete=off is used, so you need to double-click the empty name field to get a drop-down list.